The WMSMP convenes a regional group which is open to all Local Authorities, statutory and voluntary organisations in the West Midlands.
The objectives of the West Midlands group are to:
- Create a forum where the impact of NRPF in the West Midlands can be discussed, issues escalated and good practice shared.
- Link with and inform regional strategies and initiatives particularly relating to NRPF issues.
- Link into the Home Office Interventions and Sanctions team to look at ways to prevent and deter immigration abuse and increase adherence to immigration rules.
- Monitor the impact of migration on No Recourse to Public Funds issues.
- Identify and source relevant training around NRPF issues for members.
- Identify and seek to address gaps in resources, service provision and delivery to asylum seekers, unsuccessful asylum seekers, refugees, and migrants.
If you are interested in attending future meetings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.