The WMSMP convenes a regional group which is open to all Local Authorities, statutory and voluntary organisations in the West Midlands.
The objectives of the West Midlands group are to:
- Create a forum where the impact of NRPF in the West Midlands can be discussed, issues escalated and good practice shared.
- Link with and inform regional strategies and initiatives particularly relating to NRPF issues.
- Link into the Home Office Interventions and Sanctions team to look at ways to prevent and deter immigration abuse and increase adherence with the immigration rules.
- Monitor the impact of migration on No Recourse to Public Funds issues.
- Identify and source relevant training around NRPF issues for members.
- Identify and seek to address gaps in resources, service provision and delivery to asylum seekers, unsuccessful asylum seekers, refugees and migrants.
Minutes for past NRPF meetings can be accessed here:
If you are interested in attending future meetings please contact email@example.com